Thursday, April 19, 2012

stuck in our room

So this week has been hectic, but not exciting or inspirational - so I am not exactly sure what to post about.  Due to the fact that statewide testing for 3-5 graders is all this week and a big part of next, our day is very different.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, no recess and we are doing a modified center time in our small portable.  Needless to say, the kids energy is high, their physical outlet is not there.  So I am praying for a dry Friday - no puddles on the playground (of course we had rain today).
Hopefully next week will be less restrictive as only makeups and 5th grade are involved.

On a side note - we had a long singing time today.  I had bought a bunch of powerpoints for some of my favorite songs off TPT (Dr. Jean, Shari Sloane and Jack Hartmann songs).  It was great.  Even at lunch I had 4 year olds singing Shari's "Vowel Bat" - and it was only our second time ever singing it.  I just love singing with kids!!

No comments:

Post a Comment