Saturday, March 31, 2012

What's New In PreK??

So this week in prek we began our new theme study - community helpers.  I spend over $100.00 on amazing products from teachers on TPT and Teachersnotebook.  Some favorites: community helpers  unit from in the teachers lounge (teachersnotebook) {probably the most amazing thing I've bought to date!!!}, on TPT: deedee willis fire math games, katie mense fire safety unit (FABULOUS!!) and various community helpers units from Julie Lee, Katie Hoss, Ladybug in Kindergarten, Williams sisters, Kindergarten Kiosk, Jamie Mayas, Jamie Chamblee and a pocket chart set from Rachelle Rosenblit. (Yup - I'm broke now - LOL!!)
These products are great.  Most of them I am using in some creative ways.  My prek kids are definitely not ready to do these independently in centers (for the most part, the reason they were created), but I enlarge them at the copy shop and do them whole - or my newest plan... give the kids a copy of the recording sheet on a clipboard and put the image on my whiteboard (with laptop and LCD).  I write on my recording sheet (the whiteboard) as they do theirs.  This week - it worked out GREAT!!!!!  (no smartboard for me - so I kinda created my own).

No pics yet - was so busy doing, didn't get to take pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment