Sunday, March 18, 2012

Leapin Leprechauns!!!!

I have a tendency to go a little crazy with certain things.  It's all in good fun.  Take St. Patty's day, for example (which due to Sat and Spring Break, we celebrated a day early). So on Thursday nite I go to the store and get a bunch of "treasure" that the tricky leprechaun can put in his pot.  (Keep in mind - the kids have been driving me a little nutty lately, I wasn't exactly in the "let me spend $30 bucks on the cranky kids who never seem to listen when I talk" mood. But I did it anyway)
So fast forward to Friday morning. The kids come in - room looks normal. We eat breakfast and head over to computer lab.  While we are at recess (and speech therapy for some) that tricky leprechaun came into our class - knocking down chairs, leaving green footprints and magical leprechaun dust everywhere!!! On my whiteboard, on my table, the microwave - even the toilet!!!
The kids found his magical pot of gold (which was hidden in plain sight).  Then - the insanity began.  They (eighteen 4 and 5 year olds) were RUNNING and SCREAMING - one boy at a pitch that could rival an opera singer, about the footprints and the treasure and more about the footprints. It was crazy. But - they were hooked. And happy. (BTW - this was before the candy!!)
Now for spring break. Ahhhhhhhhhh!!
Then 50 more school days to get it all done.
Oh Boy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment