Saturday, June 30, 2012

CCTA - a new support group

Welcome to Craft Challenged Teachers of America.

Hi! My name is Connie and I am craft challenged
:(   I am the founding member and I think from what I've seen on blogland, the only member.

It is sooooooooo sad.  I see all the blog entries and links to pinterest with the amazingly fabulous designs and DIY projects, not to mention the general "classroom interior design" that is evident in  - like EVERY classroom on the web.
I have a hrd time committing to a theme/color scheme, so i have a kind of mish mosh of stuff (and I mean I have stuff!  I like to shop, so since I moved to Florida in 2001 and started teaching in the public schools, I have - no joke -  easily spent over $15,000.  However, the one thing I yearn for is a photo worthy classroom.  I know I can teach the little guys - I just want my room to look  more "polished" - even for a prek room.
Problems: 1. I am in a portable (read - trailer).  Yes you can staple to the walls, but they are a light blue pattern of sorts.  It looks like a solid light baby blue from far away.  2. I moved classooms 2 times in 3 years - kinda hard to do too much in a "permanent" way. 3. Portables = small!! Me = stuff. (Did I mention no closets?)

So my goal for this year is to streamline my class style and pick a color scheme and STICK TO IT!!! (I have a lot of primary stuff - baskets etc, and the lakeshore rug).  I had intended to go with the zoo/jungle theme - but I see many teachers are focusing more on colors than themes.  Your thoughts??

I seriously need the "extreme makeover, classroom edition" - to visit me.
More to come as I figure it out - or try to :)

2 comments:

  1. Aww..Connie, I am sure you have a crafty side in there somewhere!! I was at a conference where Debbie Diller was speaking, she said you either have time to craft, or you have money - so If you can't craft at least you can buy stuff that matches...LOL!!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like we're on the same wavelength, Connie! I've always been a hodge-podge of whatever I buy in my room, but my goal is to streamline and get a color scheme this year. (This may or may no involve illegally painting school furniture! LOL!) Since I'm moving buildings, I thought this would be the perfect time!

    Kim
    Carried Away in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete